To everyone who is still looking for a present, or for who still doens’t know what to do, here some ideas, but also tips about what NOT to do. Also some people shared there Valentine memories and mistakes with me..
Nice things to do
– The standard dinner is always good, specially with a (unexpected) present.
– Spending a nice day in bed or bath together with chocolatefondue and rose petals. if you don’t have a bath go get a hotelroom 😀
– Make the perfect breakfast on bed.
– Surprise him/her with tickets to a romantic movie of his/her favorite singer.
– Fight the cold an go out for a nice walk on the beach, end it with a nice cup of hot choco.
– Take a course of salsa dancing or ballroom dancing together.
– Get i the kitchen together to bake cookies or muffins, don’t forget to buy lots of whip cream…
Presents for gentlemen
– Romantic, home cooked dinner, served in lingerie
– take him to the sauna and massage each other.
– A nice fragrance, you can even makes these yourself. This is possible in different stores but you can also attend a course.
– A CD of his favorite band/singer or establish one on your own.
– A beautiful picture (in black and white or edited different) of you two together in an nice frame.
– Nice massage oil of course with matching massage.
– You can give chocolate, but try to be original. For example: Cut different kinds of fruits on a nice plate with chocolate fondue. Enlighten your room with candles only.
Presents for ladies
– Chocolate will always be nr. 1, and roses. One rose is romantic of one for every month/year you two are together.
– Personally I think you should give jewelry to a girl, save the receipt if you are not sure about what you bought.
– A nice love letter or poem is really romantic, no boring cards please!
– A pick nick (if needed in your living room) with flowers and candles etc.
– Kidnap her to an unknown city, domestic or abroad. It’s totally not expensive to go there and back to London for a weekend or a day.
– Most women just appreciate the thought behind your present instead of the present itself. So actually every deliberate gift is good.
Things you are not supposed to give or do!
– No standard hallmark card that everybody gets.
– Teddy bears are sooo last year! Unless you are sure your partner wants one of them, do-not-buy!
– Boring, un original, prepacked shower pakkages etc. If you want to give something like that, make your own.
– No to kinky lingerie of handcuffs.. It’s all about romance, you can have porn tomorrow. Unless your partner told you he/she wants this..
– Flowers or other gas station trash.
– Men don’t like jewelry
– Don’t break up on or just after Valentine’s day. Other bad news is also not wanted.
– Remember these broken heart necklaces you wore when you were 13? They didn’t make to these days without a reason..
– Don’t go doing intensive stuff, it’s better to save your energy for later 😉
Of course these tips are not suitable for everybody, in the end you are the one who knows your partner best. So you will know what he/she will like the most.
Memories of readers
“On Valentine’s day my BF didn’t have a present, the day after he called he wanted to meet me somewhere in a bar. He rented the bar to have a picknick there and a befriended band played while we were eating.”
“The rose pedals weren’t that nice, half a year later i still kept finding them everywhere.”
“Me and my BF were together for just 2 months, and we were sooo shy. On valentine’s morning my mom ran into my room saying ‘ooh Ireen, look trough your window’. So I checked it, on the sidewalk he had drawn a big heart with lots of little ones, his name and that he loved me. Now 8 years later, he still loves me. Nahhh I still think it’s so sweet.”
If you want to share your story please comment on this blog!